Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Just when you thought it was safe to take your Jaffas, your popcorn bucket and your 6 litre bottle of Coke back into the cinema.
Playing a convincing loser has won Australian actor Richard Di Gregorio a shot at stardom with the lead role in the first movie to be cast by an online audience.
The 31-year-old, from Ashwood in Melbourne’s east, was among thousands of hopeful actors to try out for an upcoming feature film that had a twist before it was even shot.
A cinema release is planned for the film, which Di Gregorio described as a “male Bridget Jones crossed with American Pie” but a date is yet to be set.
Jovy’s short film, Holiday Romance, was nominated for an Academy Award in 1999 and if The Flirting Club makes it to the awards or a return to Cannes, Di Gregorio is ready for his walk on the red carpet.
“Oh completely, I’ve had those visions before I even got the role. I’ve had those visions for years and years,” he said. MORE.
“male Bridget Jones crossed with American Pie”
Yep, can't wait to queue up for that one. And just when I thought "Alvin Purple" had broken the mould.
Labels: Who's kidding whom?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
